Friday 28 May 2010

Down the rabbit hole of Canine Couture...

Today I spent over £100 on pet food. Just food and dental treats for the dogs. And tomorrow I have another bag of feed to buy as well as the lead I had reserved at one of my favourite shops, Canine Couture. It's marked up at £18 but I actually spend so much money there that I get discount so i'm hoping it'll be cheaper.

The funny thing is, I don't actually own a lap dog, or handbag dog or whatever it's called. My 'It Dog' is a labrador. Seriously, Alfie has tons of collars and leads (sets of course) but he also has clothes and not just coats. I've bought him hoodies, t-shirts, vest type things, and the aforementioned coats. I think the last count for coats was 5 and a pack-a-mac! Which i know is unbelievable 90s.

And luggage. Yes my dogs have luggage. They're actually those extra large handbag things that people carry pugs and chihuahuas in. At the minute the girls have a nice white patent thing and Alfie still has the camo print one that I bought him during my recent 'he looks so cute in camo!' phase. Needless to say that now i am past that phase he needs an entire new wardrobe- without camo print.


And speaking of wardrobes, in the literal sense they are indeed getting an entire new wardrobe, as am I. Because i'm converting the spare room into a closet/office and there will be storage provision for the dogs clothes.

But looking at the enormous range of ridiculous clothes out there I remain confident of the fact that I am not the saddest person with a dog out there. I have, after all, never put Alfie in a dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment