Monday 24 May 2010

Was that summer?

England has quite possibly just had summer. For 3 days.

Yep, the sun came out, the clouds went away and the temperatures reached 20 degrees C. The country was taken over by short denim shorts n bikinis. In the absence of a pair of short denim shorts I proceeded to make a pair. It took a pair of jeans that the dogs had chewed, a large pair of scissors and the space of 10 minutes before I had to be at my sister's BBQ. And nobody noticed they weren't bought that way! Pure genius, even if I say so myself.

We also had a mini rebellion at work on friday when we were told that we can't let kids out of class to get a drink of water. I'm still not totally sure why but possibly to prevent that well known childhood affliction of 'spontaneous cover your friends in water syndrome'.

Oh to be young again... hang on i'm only 20! Ok I feel old now.

The forecast says that instead of this lovely sunshine actually lasting a respectable amount of time, it'll be cool again by wednesday. Dammit.

I think I can safely say that i'm still going to take jumpers when I go camping in August. Whitby may be my favourite place in the world right now but it's bloody freezing when it wants to be.

On that note i'm actually going to go do some work now. Seeing as i'm hiding in my prep room pretending. But I didn't say that. Beacuse naturally I would never do such a terrible thing! (sheepish face :S)

No comments:

Post a Comment