Thursday 20 May 2010

Technician fashion (or lack of)

Why didn't I get a nice office job? You know, one where I could wear nice, smart clothes and, most importantly, HEELS?

The receptionists at work always look good, trust me. I'm talking suits, jewellery and the aforementioned heels. The teachers dress similarly too. The women anyway.

And then there's me.

I'm a technician. I'm running between 2 different departments all day which are, of course, at opposite ends of the school. And when i'm there sitting down is not part of my job description. So no heels for me. I have boots. Boring, flat boots. And cheap.

Which brings me to the next problem. On a daily basis I work with wood (dusty), metal (greasy) and chemicals (everything!). I already have lovely orange blobs from god only knows what chemical on a nice black top. Only cheap clothes possible then.

And jewellery? Not a chance. machines? chemicals? Bunsen burners? yeah. No jewellery. Which is a bugger cos that's pretty much how I do anything with any outfit. Keep it simple, work the statement necklace, sorted. Damn.

So yeah. should've got an office job. Or even better, work from home then I can stay in my scruffy jeans and baggy tshirt.

Because even style has limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment