Monday 14 June 2010

The return of The Date and his immediate dismissal

I am forced to conclude that many (not all) men are presumptuous gits.

Remember I said that The Date hadn't contacted me at all since Saturday? well yesterday I was shocked and annoyed to receive a text from him at 2.30am asking, of all things, if he could come to mine later on in the day! Ok so I didn't actually get the message until about 10 when I got up but it could've woken me, which is just rude.

And let's face it, he didn't want to come to mine for a cuppa and a chat. Git.

Because I was annoyed I sent 'can't i'm busy. sorry' which lead to him asking if he'd upset me. Despite wanting to reply sarcastically with 'Oh no I just love it when guys don't reply and then want to come round and get their leg over a week later!' I resisted the urge and instead merely said 'i'm just really busy right now'. In an apparent attempt to appear gentlemanly he proceeding to offer his assistance with anything should I need it. My retort was a curt 'thanks'.

After that I assumed all correspondance was at an end for the forseeable future so was therefore, understandably, shocked to receive a message a few hours later with the phrase 'can't wait to see you again'. He is apparently under the misapprehansion that he will, indeed, see me again.

I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment